In an incredible breakthrough, adipose tissue (commonly know as fat) can now be used to treat painful conditions such as osteoarthritis, sports injuries and can even be used as an alternative to a knee replacement in certain circumstances.
We’ve devised 10 of the most fascinating facts about fat and how it can be used in new Lipogems treatment.
Did you know?
- During the Great War of 1914 to 1918, body fat was used to aid the healing of soldiers’ battle wounds. Since then, extensive research has proved that adipose tissue can be used in healing and regenerating damaged tissues
- Adipose tissue (fat) is known to have unique healing possibilities. This means every tissue in your body is constantly repairing itself and regenerating.
- Fat is high quality tissue. It has 100-500 times more reparative cells than any other comparable tissue.
- Studies have shown fat doesn’t lose healing qualities as it ages. This means it maintains its reconstructive properties unlike any other similar tissue.
- Lipogems treatment uses the body’s own fat in a new innovative technology. The procedure can provide a much more natural alternative in the reconstruction and repair of damaged or injured tissue.
- Not all fat technologies are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared for use. In fact, Lipogems is the only technology that is FDA cleared for use in orthopaedics.
- Lipogems has now been used in over 8,000 clinical cases across the globe and studies at key research institutes are always ongoing to ensure patients receive the very best treatment.
- The Lipogems procedure can be completed in under an hour, in an outpatient clinical setting and requiring only a local anaesthesia.
- LIPOGEMS was awarded Best New Technology in Sports Medicine in 2016 by Top Sports Medicine Physicians from leading institutions in the United States. The technology was scored and evaluated using the following criteria:
- Be creative and innovative
- Have long-term significance to the problem of treating an injured athlete
- Solve a clinical problem.
- Have the potential to improve standard of care
- Be cost effective
- Be a technology that the judges would use personally
- Lipogems treatment could be more cost effective than knee or hip replacement surgery. You could expect to pay between £5,400* and £6,400** for Lipogems treatment at the Rogers Regenerative Medical Group. In comparison, a knee or hip replacement could be up to £16,000, is more invasive, carries increased risks, and has longer recovery times.
If you would like more information on Lipogems treatment from Dr. Rogers, click here or email to book an appointment: [email protected].
*one joint. **two joints.